Sunday 21 June 2015

One of the best hotels in Pondy!

My Pondy vacation is another awesome story! I had vacation time saved up and was dying to get out of town. A friend recommended the Hotel de l’Orient, under the aegis of Neemrana Hotels and I decided to go for it. Best impulse decision ever (well, not completely – I did some surfing on the net but my mind was already made up after hearing such a glowing recommendation of the place).

But seriously, I had a great time! I’ve travelled all over India and abroad and I can tell a good hotel from a bad one – it’s all in the little gestures. The welcome, the staff, the efficiency overall- my three key points for assessing a place. And the Hotel de l’Orient passed with flying colors on all three counts. Located in Pondy’s French Quarter, the Hotel de l’Orient is a delightful French-Tamil combination shrouded in history and old world charm.

The staff is simply exemplary-they really have it together and I think it’s always nice to see competent people who know how to get things done.  The rooms are beautiful too- they are named after former French possessions and each room has an object that symbolizes the region  in which the French-occupied town was in. All of it made me feel like I was in some period movie and it was different, you know. A change of pace, and I loved it.
Definitely recommend this Hotel Accommodation in Pondicherry!

No comments:

Post a Comment